The Village of River Forest seeks qualified applicants for the position of Part-Time Records Clerk in the Police Department. This position performs a variety or routine, complex and confidential clerical, secretarial and administrative work in answering non-emergency phone lines, providing customer assistance, data entry and support to Police Personnel. The PT Records Clerk also acts as the primary support personnel for the Village’s adjudication process and hearings.
The Police Records Clerk is a civilian position that requires an individual who can work independently in a team environment, demonstrates excellent communication skills, attention to detail, sound independent judgment and will be comfortable in public safety environment. Candidates for this position must have knowledge of modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
Minimum Education, Experience & Training
- High school degree or GED certificate.
- 1-2+ years clerical/administrative support experience required; public safety or related field preferred.
- Position works 25 hours/week on average, Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. however, hours will be adjusted and attendance at evening adjudication hearings on the first Monday of each month is mandatory.
- Starting salary for this position is $20.00/hour.
Successful candidate must pass drug screen and background check.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and complete a Village of River Forest “Application for Employment” and submit it in an envelope that is clearly marked “Part-Time Records Clerk” to Lisa Scheiner, Assistant Village Administrator, 400 Park Avenue, River Forest, IL, 60305. Applications are due by 2:00 pm on Monday, April 21, 2014.
The Village of River Forest is an equality opportunity employer.
- Application Packet (Please note the Oral Interview Dates have been changed to April 15, 16, 17)